Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blanket Shawl Galore!

During this past holiday season, I was fortunately asked to create a custom blanket size shawl for a special customer. The requirements were the colors (black, red, pink, some purple) and go crazy with it! Which I did. I created something with no pattern whatsoever, crocheting forward, backwards and sideways, changing colors at any time, making large opening and using different stitches. Below are pictures of the process and the finished piece. For storage purposes, I also crocheted a bag in matching colors. During the process I would take pictures and email them to the customer for approval...just in case I was going to crazy with it....but she approved every step and encouraged me to continue and make it bigger. This was one of the funnest and most inspiring projects I have ever done and I thank her for trusting me with it.













No comments:

Post a Comment