Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recycled Art Workshop at the Pike Festival 2010

During the summer, I taught some recycled art workshops. Some took place at the Pike Festival and others at "Imagine That" at Bixby Park, hosted by The Living Love Foundation.

A big geroup of exchange students happened to pass by our art booths and were interested in finger crocheting....although I thought I was going to be instructing them, they ended up showing me some of their finger crocheting skills and together we made many long long and thin scarves...oh, and don't be alarmed by the spider behind me...she is my finger crochet role model.

We also made purses and bags by decorating milk cartons with pieces of fabric, yarn, ribbon and any other treasures we found hidden around....

Milk Carton Bag/Magazine Holder


The tall boy in this picture finger crocheted the blue beanie he is wearing! He was a fast learner!
Spider man!!
And the kids in the front are holding shakers that they made with empty toilet paper rolls, pieces of fabric and string and of course, beans!!! Can't forget those, especially if you want to shake it and make some music!!




2 comments: